How we work
The foundation RHEUMASEARCH supports collaborative research to find innovative ways to prevent the onset, treat the symptoms, and ultimately bring cures to patients suffering the pain and disability of rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
- The foundation encourages exchange between scientists and doctors from different fields who are engaged in the research and treatment of rheumatic and musculoskeletal disorders.
- The Foundation finances research and training of students and doctoral candidates, on the recommendation of the Scientific Advisory Board and the Foundation Trustees.
- We believe that even basic research can and must make a difference in patients' lives. Our activities are dedicated to the well-being of patients.
- The foundation supports independent research. Donors may have no influence on the direction of the work or the diffusion of results.
- Given the multifactorial nature of rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases the foundation supports multidisciplinary approaches in a participatory and collaborative environment.